Saturday, March 04, 2006

The sun really does shine!

Living through a central New York winter often makes me wonder where the sun hides for 5 months. I found it today, it's in Florida! How cool is that? I left NY on Thursday morning during a mini-blizzard and drove for 4 hours through snow, rain, sleet, and fog, and then finally, just past Carlisle, PA, the roads were dry and the sun was peeking through the clouds. Phew, what a drive! I stopped in Winchester, VA for the night and had dinner at my favorite Texas Steak house. 9 hours on the road on Friday landed me at Vickie's house in Summerville, SC (it's always great to see her!). On the way, I passed the Hatfields, they were heading north, definitely going in the wrong direction :-). 6 more hours today and I arrived at my parent's in Ocala. Dad and I unloaded the bike and I took her for a quick spin around the block, boy did that feel good! Let my vacation begin...

No comments: